HandmadeAround (“us”, “we”, or “our”) will treat all customers’ personal details as confidential and will only disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. HandmadeAround will keep it on a secure server and will comply with EU Data Protection legislation in relation to the use of customers’ personal data.
Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of garment, for example), if you contact us directly.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
1. As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, or to provide customer support;
2. When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
3. If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
4. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
1. Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
2. Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
1. Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, HandmadeAround, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com
1. When you log in, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
2. To provide analytics.
3. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
4. To enable certain functions such as language settings, tracking potential purchases, serving you imagery in appropriate sizes.
We use both session and persistent cookies on HandmadeAround.com and we use different types of cookies to run the website. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.